Thursday, December 1, 2011

injured...

Went to the Wellness Center today to run a little on the treadmills.  Got dressed and went upstairs to the cardio machines, wearing my 2011 Route 66 marathon finisher shirt, a pair of grey running shorts and my Brooks Mach 11s.  Set the timer for 31 minutes and an incline of 0.5.  Belt started it's slow pace and I quickly moved it up to 6.9 mph.  Running went fine for the first half mile or so, then had a few little minor discomforts, but nothing that worried me much.  Then as I approached two miles my right leg started hurting.  Didn't go away and only got worse.  Ending up quitting after 19 minutes.  Covered 2.31 miles.  The pain seemed reminiscent of how I felt in the months after the 2009 Route 66.  So I am not going to sign up for the OKC marathon this week.  Price goes up $15 tomorrow.  But  I would rather wait a few weeks till I know I am healthy and pay the extra money, than to sign up now and later find out that I need more time to heal.  Now the trick is staying in shape without running.   May have to try the elliptical or maybe just walk with a really steep incline.  Hopefully a week from now I can give running another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment