Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Scorcher

The Scorcher


It has been years since I last posted.  Ok, well at least one year.  Did not do well in Green Bay.  And have not run any marathons since.  It's quite challenging to to be on the road for four weeks in the Spring and 8 or 9 weeks in the Fall.  Really hard to find training time when you arrive in a city at night and have to be out on the road early in the morning.  Sleep is always the priority.  Running is second or third priority.  My work comes before running.  So I try to squeeze in a 30 minute or 40 minute run every few days.  Maybe get an hour run in once a week.

So my next run is just a few days away.  The Scorcher Half Marathon.  Sunday at 6:30 AM in Stillwater.  Weather should be really good for the first week of June.  Low in the morning around 61 degrees.  Hoping to come around 1:40.  Would be my fastest half in a few years.  Half marathons are easier to predict that full marathons.

My hamstrings are pretty tight.  Had a massage today and found out how tight they are.  So hoping to work on stretching over the next weeks and months.

So till next time...Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment